Saturday 15 September 2012

Day 5 - Monday

Up at 5:15am to get ready and drive to Review and Herald at Hagerstown. Had a good sleep, so felt refreshed and ready to brave more driving.

Arrived at RH at 7:40am, so they were already in worship (they have a combined worship on Mondays). Doug Sayles, the Director of Sales, introduced me to everyone, and thankfully I didn't have to go up the front or say anything.

After worship, Kim Peckham, one of their editors and publicist, took me on a tour of the building. (You may have read his stories in our Signs of the Times magazine.) There is 6 acres under roof, so it is a large building!



Some original EGW books and Uriah Smith's desk

The web press
 
An old machine that created lines of type
The rest of the day was spent meeting with people that I work with, so won't bore you with all those details. But this one day has made the trip worthwhile, and I haven't even been to Pacific Press yet! Everyone was very friendly (more so than in Australia I would say), and just wanted to hear me speak. They all want to visit Australia too.

Off to the hotel, unexciting dinner of Burger King (a reasonable vegie burger though), catch up on some emails, and off to bed.

No comments: