Thursday 20 September 2012

Day 12 - Tuesday



Back at Pacific Press today to meet with more people, got some good things worked out with the AdventistBookCenter.com website… 

Had lunch with Jeanne, who does their purchasing from Signs. We’ve only had some contact by email, but seemed to get along well. She took me to a lovely little bistro, where we had a garden salad with croutons and a creamy walnut dressing – yum! Then it was pan-fried snapper with coconut rice, green beans and a strawberry salsa – the best meal I’ve had here.

Some of the staff had given me samples to take back, so I commented I may need to get an extra suitcase. So after lunch Jeanne took me to Costco – my first ever visit! It was great, but no suitcases were in stock at this time. David, they had your giant teddy bear’s brothers and sisters all here – was very tempted…

So of course we had to go to Walmart next, another experience! They had a large selection, so got a pink one to pass on to Ally when I’m done with it.

Back to Pacific Press to see some other people and browsed their little museum. There was lots of interesting items in it, ranging from old printing items to EGW books with a brochure to explain what they were.

Pictures of earlier Pacific Press buildings


Then it was out for dinner again, this time to the Cheesecake Factory with Beverly, the Marketing Director. The restaurant had a lovely ambience, along with great food and I enjoyed getting to know Beverly. I had an excellent roasted vegetable penne, followed by a slice of lemon raspberry cheesecake that I had no chance of finishing. Much gym work to be caught up on when I get home :-) 

Back to the hotel to check if work was online and repack for tomorrow’s trek back to LA, then home. Will be great to get back and see Scott and Ally. Two weeks has been long enough for me…

No comments: