Wednesday 28 February 2007

The Twist!

Every good tale has a twist!

The twist (By Rachel)

I was working for the same company that I was in Melbourne, but on Monday, Feb 26 my position was made redundant. I chose to finish up on Friday, March 2, so I am currently job hunting.

I'll definitely be looking for something closer to home, as I was travelling 1.5 hours each way and it was a killer!

Picture - Botany Bay, just across the road from work, where I would have lunch most days. Was very close to the airport, so had great views of planes coming and going. Never did go for a swim though...


We went to Waitara church this week. Forgot to take our Bible in, but was loaned one from someone sitting behind us, which actually became a conversation starter after the service and then lead to an invite to the church lunch (a HUGE aray of Asian dishes - they theme each week)
Stayed for lunch and chatted to many nice 25+'s.

That afternoon we took HJ to the beach! He hadn't really been to the beach before. The sandy section at Lilydale lake, while on a lead, was the best he'd done before.




He had a ball! We were there with Costa (lot), Rachel's sister's dog.
Henry ran off a couple of times following other dogs that were passing by (especially the huskies) and took some coaxing to come back.





He didn't mind swimming and also full on rolling in the sand - including literally plowing head first through the sand (see video below)! I don't know how he does it.


It poured that evening. First rain we'd really seen up here in a couple of weeks. 50mm or so (but my rain gauge kept falling over as I only had it sitting on the ground and not on a post yet.



No comments: